Healthcare applications will see a boom in global demand with predictions of the industry expanding at a 5.8% CAGR and hitting $19.3 billion by 2025.
Efficiency is a crucial part of the healthcare sector. Technological development lets the healthcare sector concentrate on a patient-centered approach.
Software in healthcare is inevitable to streamline care. In this age where technology has entered every phase of life, it is difficult to keep healthcare out of it.
Let us dig here into what healthcare software is and how customizing it can help the business scale new heights.
Understanding healthcare software
A healthcare software development company will cover a range of IT-based services and offer advice, support, and input to professionals. The software optimizes and streamlines the operations management side and provides patients with a high level of treatment.
Healthcare technology is bound to go a long way to offer real-time assistance to human decision-makers. It will take over the repetitive tasks of administrative management and streamlining patient care.
The various kinds of healthcare apps
Healthcare apps can be broadly classified into patient healthcare apps and healthcare apps for a medical specialist.
Patient healthcare app
These are rough examples of the healthcare apps used by patients.
- Mental health app
- Nutritional and diet app
- Fitness app
- Medication app
- Appointment scheduling
- Diabetes management
- Diagnosis app
Medical doctor’s healthcare apps
These are some examples of healthcare apps that will be used by medical practitioners.
- Professional networking
- Patient health tracking
- Electronic prescription
- Electronic medical record
- Clinical assistance
Basic features in a healthcare app
Listed below are some features commonly found in healthcare applications.
- Signing up – It will ask the patient for some information like email address and mobile phone to monitor the visits to the application.
- Tracking – This is the main feature of the health app which streamlines consumer usage. It is useful in apps that are used for recovery.
- Scheduling appointment – The feature lets the patient get an update on drug intake and booking appointments. The feature makes it seamless for the patient and the doctor to contact each other.
- Payment- The payment feature ensures that payments can be made promptly over the app.
- Push notifications – Push notification reminds patients of any upcoming doctor appointments. In the case of video consultation, the reminder is sent again 10 minutes or so before the consultation time.
- Real-time chats – It lets the doctor and the patient chat with each other in real-time especially useful in the case of an emergency.
- Reviews and ratings – As a patient, you are always on the lookout for trustworthy physicians. Ratings and reviews play a key role today where you get feedback from patients who have already been treated by a particular doctor. The software app makes it easy to browse through the specialists and choose the best one from among them.
- Geo-location – The app is integrated with Google map which lets the healthcare worker know exactly where the patient is located which is useful in the case of an emergency.
Why do you need customized healthcare software?
Customized healthcare software development is inevitable for the healthcare industry and here are the reasons why.
- It offers advanced diagnosis which is possible only through better management of operations. Offshore healthcare software development companies in India are here to revamp the healthcare sector.
- It reduces cost and this is possible because patients can talk to doctors seeing them virtually face-to-face. This saves on manual labor like employing staff etc. which converts to a drop in price.
- Good patient service automatically translates to better business which stands true for the healthcare industry as well. Technology lets the healthcare sector offer better treatment and service to patients.
- Healthcare data is sensitive add data protection is key. With the hybrid apps, data is kept protected from breaches and malware. Patients thus feel safe that their details are not compromised with.
- Email service provider, cloud, Chatbot, and search engine are all HIPAA compliant and offer maximum data protection.
- It is now possible to consult a doctor from anywhere in the world as there are no geographical barriers with the healthcare apps. All that is needed is a good internet connection only. Remote care is thus a possibility with health software solutions.
Identifying your personalized healthcare software solution
- Recognize the problem first. With healthcare apps exploding the market you need to work out on how your app will add value and set you apart from your competitors. This needs a comprehensive industry and market analysis so you can spot the holes and challenges which your app can address and in turn create a functional product.
- Choose the features in your healthcare app carefully. The idea is to work out the product that you wish to create, who will use it, and why which will let you narrow down the functionality of the app.
- As soon as you create the first healthcare app release it in the market. This will let you gauge the public reaction. Based on the strategy and customer reviews you can go ahead and revise the subsequent versions which will save any financial risk and potential failure once the final product is in the market
- App delivery is heavily focused on its intent. It is recommended that you build a private app store to cater to a broad audience.
Different kinds of healthcare software apps
Some of the popular personalized tech solutions in the healthcare sector are listed below.
- Electronic Health Record or EHR – EHR helps in keeping track of patients’ records. It contains information on medical history, prescription diagnoses, recovery plans, etc.
- Telemedicine – The onset of the telemedicine age was pretty evident in the last two years. Online video consultation is a huge help especially for those in need. The idea is to share screens and photos safely while getting a platform to do a face-to-face conference.
- Pharmacy- A pharmacy is a diverse environment to shop for medical products. Embed it into your app which will allow easy tracking of stock inventory and streamline the practices of pharmacy management.
- Hospital management – Healthcare software solutions are also capable of hospital management like staffing, laboratory, and reception management. It manages administrative functions like insurance collection, billing, etc. with ease.
- Managing revenue cycle – Hospitals need to worry about funds. For a better fiscal outlook, the medical workers need to check insurance, follow up on the receipts, submit bills and evaluate the results. The software evaluates the patients’ portal to check the payment and insurance status etc.
Customized healthcare app development solutions are inevitable. It is however important to hire a professional and an agile software development in healthcare company that understands the industry domain and technology. Whether you are a start-up or a large enterprise, healthcare software solutions are a necessity to grow your venture and make it profitable.