Most successful companies and corporations have created mobile applications to expand their business goals in the years to come. In the same way, there are many organizations that have understood the importance of creating websites which are mobile-friendly. This is not information coming out from one or two studies but a substantial number of studies that have revealed the amount of time that is being spent on smart-phones which is giving more rise to the need for creating a mobile-friendly website.
Let us look at some of the most important reasons you should have a mobile-friendly website.
1) Google gives priority to mobile-friendly websites: Well, if you are a business wanting to make it big, this should be incentive enough for you to start building on your website. To put it simply, in 2015, Google changed their algorithms to modify the way Google displays mobile search results. This means that those who had a mobile-friendly website ranked better on Google search results.
2) Smart-phone users are exponentially rising: Current and future trends suggest that people find it a lot more convenient to operate from their mobile devices which ranges from collecting simple information to purchasing huge items, a mobile device has made it all possible at a single click. Consumers, irrespective of the kind of industry they’re buying in want things at their disposal and if you can’t offer your potential customers that experience, you are clearly losing out.
3) Helps build credibility: It definitely adds to your reputation if you are able to cater to your customers from their mobile phones. Anyone who tries to visit your mobile website will have a proper experience and that is what will help them see you as a credible source for information and products and services.
4) It’s slowly becoming a standard: There are many well-reputed websites that are switching to this trend in a big way. When you have a large number of players in every industry shifting in a particular direction, it is set to becoming a standard. Responsive Web Design has made mobile optimization more accessible to anybody and everybody and that has translated into users expecting a certain kind of standard when browsing through their mobile devices.
5) Reaching more customers in a shorter period of time: As mentioned before, Google Search engine will rank you higher, if you have a mobile-friendly website. A higher ranking essentially translates into more people being able to see you and this naturally transitions into higher conversion rates.
6) Happy and satisfied customers: This should be incentive enough for you to invest in a mobile-friendly website. If a visitor comes to your website through his mobile and finds his experience to be nothing short of great, he or she is bound to let others know about the experience they’ve had.
7) Google recommends: Everyone knows that when Google asks you to do something, it is generally advisable to try out what they’re saying. This is because Google understands people behaviour the best and their reason for shifting to this is simple: People are spending more times on their mobile phones.
8) Your website has an additional appeal: Provided you have used responsive web design, there should be no glitches in your website’s performance and your website should be optimized to be working on any device.
9) It gives your reputation a boost: This is perhaps one of the most obvious benefits of having a mobile-friendly website. When a customer has a great experience on your website, it is common knowledge that it not only lends your website a good reputation but also has more people talking about it.
10) You will be seen as relevant and up-to-date: You might be able to offer some of the most valuable and relevant data to your customers and it is this that is going to make them keep coming back for more.